Friday, January 20, 2012

High Protein Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas

SkinnyTaste.com has a lot of great recipes and Gina's Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas was another homerun.  Earlier in the week I made a batch as directed and I enjoyed the quick re-heat breakfast all week long.  As delicious as it was, I wanted to add some additional protein but unfortunately I was fresh out of vanilla whey powder.  Once my new shipment arrived, I was determined to give it a try which brings me to this morning.

High Protein Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas

No need to rehash the entire recipe, just click the link above.  I added 4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder to the dry ingredients.  The only other notable differences were I used almond milk instead of regular and pecans instead of walnuts in almost double the amount (don't be scared, healthy fats are good for you!).  The protein powder makes the consistency a bit more cakey than the original but the fruit keeps the entire dish moist.


First trip to the oven

Second trip to the oven

Just before the trip to my belly

Enjoy!

No comments: