Bacon and Cheddar Scrambled Egg Bites
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 - 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Set the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Beat eggs and milk together. Then add bacon, green onion, cheese, salt, and pepper and mix well. Use a small scoop and fill each muffin hole about two thirds of the way. Bake 8-10 minutes (mine actually took a couple minutes more). When done, let cool for a couple minutes before removing from the pan. This should make about 30 mini egg bites. Get creative and try different flavor combinations!
Fresh Fruit Kabobs
- apples, cut into bite-sized pieces
- pears, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 parts vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 part nonfat milk (almond milk would also be good!)
- cinnamon to taste
Arrange the apples and pears on skewers. For the yogurt sauce, mix two parts of no- or low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt to one part of nonfat milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Whisk the ingredients together and carefully pour over the skewers.
We are.....PENN STATE!