If you're in, there are 5 simple steps to take before Week 1 begins. You'll be recording some baseline measurements which will then be repeated at the end of the challenge. If you don't have anything to track your goal, how will you know when you get there? Though there are many different metrics you can measure, we're going to keep it as simple as possible. All you need is a scale, a tape measure, and something to record your results in.
- Weigh yourself. Make a note of what time of day and what clothing you were wearing so you can be consistent for future measurements.
- Measure your waist. Line a tape measure up with your navel and measure the circumference of your waist. It is a good idea to do this in front of a mirror to make sure the tape measure isn't lopsided. Pull it snug but not so tight that it indents your skin.
- Measure your hips. Wrap the tape measure around the largest part of your lower body when standing with the feet hip-width apart. This will probably be around your butt rather than right at the hip bones. Follow the same precautions above so you get accurate results.
- Write down a goal. What made you take on this challenge and what do you hope to get out of it? Make sure it is specific and time-based. Use strong, confident language to convey the actions you will take. For example, "I will incorporate at least two strength train into my routine every week" is a strong goal. "I want to lose 10 pounds" or "I will exercise more."
- Describe how your life will be different when you reach your goal. How will you feel? What will change? How will the people closest to you be affected?
Later this week, you'll be receiving info on Week 1, which starts Monday, September 26th. Here's a reminder on the 5 habits:
- Week 1: Eat a healthy breakfast every day
- Week 2: Strength train at least twice a week
- Week 3: Refuel after every training
- Week 4: Do two metabolic sessions twice a week
- Week 5: Eat protein at every meal
Don't forget, be sure to "like" my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter so we can share progress and daily updates!