Tuesday, August 23, 2011

400 Rep Challenge

For a change of pace, I've been adding some time trials into the mix lately.  Meaning, I set a pre-determined number of repetitions and try to complete them all as fast as possible.

Below is one I did this past weekend with just bodyweight and my sandbag.  Complete the following sequence in order.  One round = 100 reps.  Run through it three more times to meet the 400 rep challenge.  Time it and see if you can beat your time in future sessions.  I did it in 14 minutes and 54 seconds.
  • Sandbag power clean - 20 reps
  • Squat jumps - 20 reps
  • Single leg sandbag row - 20 reps
    • Similar to this except completing reps while holding a single leg position (pictured below)
    • Complete all reps on the left leg for the first round, switch to the right leg for the second round, and so forth
  • Alternating rotational lunges - 20 reps/10 reps each leg
  • Straight-arm plank with alternating arm raises - 20 reps/10 reps each arm
    • Hold a straight-arm plank position (pictured below)
    • Alternate raising each arm straight forward
    • Keep shoulders and hips from twisting as each arm lifts and your core will feel it!
Next time I do this I will either shoot for a faster time or go for 500 reps.  Always strive for progress one way or another!

No comments: