Monday, July 11, 2011

TRX 40:20 Metabolic Session

Here's another sample workout inspired by various videos on the Fitness Anywhere website.  I feature the TRX often, but only because it truly is a versatile piece of equipment.  When first researching it I kept thinking "Really?  Almost $200 for just straps??"  But I've gotten my money out of it tenfold.  Actually, Santa did since he's the one who gave it to me. 

Recently I discovered I can attach it to my deck which means the backyard is now gym space.  It gives me more room than the foyer where it's usually hung therefore allowing for more variety of exercises.  Plus, nothing beats training outdoors in the fresh air. 

For this workout you need a TRX and a timer of some sort.


The session consisted of two rounds of five exercises each.  Perform as many repetitions as possible of the exercise for 40 seconds.  Rest 20 seconds before moving on to the next.  At the end of the round, rest for 2 minutes and repeat it again.  Do the same for Round 2.

Round 1
Rest for 2 minutes and repeat one more time.

Round 2
Rest for 2 minutes and repeat one more time.

*Switch sides on second time through.

Enjoy!

No comments: