This recipe is from Cuisine Lite, a special edition of Cuisine at Home magazine. The recipe boasts it can be made in 15 minutes or less, however I'm a bit of a slow chef so I upped mine to 20.
White Bean & Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers*
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves**
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine beans, roasted red peppers, lemon juice, zest, parsely, and salt to taste. Mix well. I place the mixture over low heat, which is not instructed in the original recipe but I prefer the entire dish to be warm.
Spoon bean mixture over cooked chicken breasts and serve. I paired this with a gigantic salad and it was a great, easy meal.
Let me know if you try it - enjoy!
* I roasted my own red peppers. I just have beef with the jarred variety. I never use the entire jar when I buy them and even though I refrigerate them, they go moldy on me in a blink of the eye. So annoying. Anyway, place a pepper cut side down on a baking sheet and place it under a broiler. Remove it once the skin starts to blacken and place in a covered bowl. This will make it sweat and make the skin easy to peel off once it's cooled.
** Fresh parsely came right from my deck. I'm growing herbs for the first time and they're still alive two weeks later! Just had to brag.